Energy and Carbon Management
Kern County has a rich history as the leading oil, gas and renewable energy producing county in California, in addition to being one of the most productive counties in the nation. As we navigate the transition to a low carbon future, Kern County has continued opportunity to be a leader in energy and carbon management, to help meet the state’s needs for reliable, affordable and sustainable energy production and innovation.
The goals of our Energy and Carbon Management Implementation Team are to:
- Lead Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) implementation and innovation using market and climate policy opportunities to become a global center of excellence for concepts, products and services
- Expand renewable biofuels, including development of new production technologies and processes
- Increase production and innovation of other renewable fuels and energy, including hydrogen and biomass
B3K x CA FWD Regional Energy Listening Session
B3K Prosperity is partnering with California Forward (CA FWD) to host a hybrid public Regional Energy Listening Session on Thurs., Aug. 10, 2023 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The listening session will take place in-person at CSUB and online virtually via Zoom. There is no cost to participate.
The Listening Session will include:
- An overview of the CA FWD Energy Call to Action
- A brief moderated panel discussion
- An interactive breakout session
Individuals are asked to register for the event online. To register and attend, please use the buttons below:
Download Directions to the In-Person Listening Session
Do you need directions to Parking Lot M and/or the Stockdale Room in order to attend the B3K x CA FWD Regional Energy Listening Session in person? Click the button below to download a map.