Project Manager Job Description
B3K is looking to hire a Project Manager. This team member will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing complex and multifaceted initiatives in the aerospace, carbon management/energy, advanced manufacturing, business services and entrepreneurship implementation teams.
In addition to implementation team management, this team member will work closely with the Executive Director to take a holistic view of the B3K initiative, establishing work plans and milestones and assessing activities to establish priorities to ensure that the initiative is working towards its mission.
The job requires regular interaction with the implementation team chairs, community leaders, and the Leadership Council. Having the experience, presence and poise to command the respect and trust of senior executives and other highly driven and independent professionals is necessary.
This position requires advanced organizational and communication skills, the ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated ability to tactfully build relationships and guide teams towards successful and timely implementation of action plans. Having a strong work ethic, being an effective communicator, and a sense of diplomacy will be imperative to the success of any individual in this role.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day project management for B3K, including but not limited to setting regular meeting cadence with internal and external teams, preparing for and leading meetings where appropriate, managing tasks and action items, coordinating closely with the Executive Director to ensure execution of action items, establishing systems for enhanced communication and project management, etc.
- Managing the project scope by establishing clear work plans and timelines that target realistic milestones and deliverables. The Project Manager will ensure that project milestones are met on time, or adjusted as needed, and that that roles and responsibilities for reaching those milestones are understood.
- Tracking and regularly reporting on workgroup success criteria, milestones and metrics.
- Partnering with local implementation team leads to develop stewardship plans and establish preliminary systems (e.g. meetings, communications) for regular coordination and collaboration across the stakeholders and contributors.
- Acting as point person with the Leadership Council executive committee, implementation team leads and other initiative stakeholders on fielding incoming questions or requests and generally cultivating positive working relationships with local stakeholders.
- Quickly identifying and solving emerging problems; knowing when to involve the Executive Director, keeping him informed of key issues and changes which may impact results.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Possess expert level project management skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Possess a firm understanding of the culture and economic makeup of Kern County and the broader region, ideally bringing knowledge of the relevant organizations and stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced team atmosphere with the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Know when to escalate issues to move concerns forward and, when faced with ambiguity, step into the void to find solutions
- Have the ability to work independently
- Work on issues of complex and diverse scope where analysis of situation or data is required
- Evaluate a variety of factors that might affect the initiative, including an understanding of current/future business trends and relevant activities/news in the region
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in business administration or related discipline.
- Typically, 10 or more years of related professional project management experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Broad range of agile, SAFe 5.0, change management, program management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence partners, (internal and external) and other contributors and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects and prioritize delivery.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating using program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage public-facing communications during a complex program environment through communication planning, information distribution and performance reporting using formal program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage program risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to deploy change management approaches, best practices and tools that will support the transformation introduced with complex programs.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent data-based decision making and quantitative analysis experience, along with product or project management experience.
- Knowledge using Aha! or Miro or other collaborative tools
- Working competency in PPM Tools (Monday.com, Asana, Workfront, Planview, Planisware, etc)
- Microsoft and Google Office Suites
- Certified Agile Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Master
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please email your resume in PDF format to [email protected]